Red Cedar Log Home Shell For Sale
At Coast Mountain Log Homes, quality is our first priority. We start with only the finest building logs available. All logs are air-dried then hand peeled using only a drawknife. Each log is then hand selected by our master builder for straightness and uniform diameter. We do not use bent logs or logs that have too much taper. Each log is then scribe fitted to the log below, ensuring a weather tight seal. Our log homes do not require chinking. All corners are joined using the "saddle" notch or the full Norwegian notch.
MSP Price : From $35,000 Email us for details
MAKE US AN OFFER!
This package includes the log work only as pictured- nothing more. But on the buyers request we can supply everything needed to finish the log home. Prices for complete packages are available on confirmed orders due the time involved in pricing these custom orders. This log shell from Coast Mountain Log Homes generally takes 4-6 weeks to build on our assembly yard and 1 to two days to reassemble on your site. Our log homes leave the assembly yard ready for the subtrades to begin the finishing work.
Winter 2012 Log Shell Package Details
OPTION A $ MAKE AN OFFER!
Single Story Log Cabin Shell- No Loft
1) First Floor Log Wall System
1. Size - 24’ X 30’ foot print ( ~ 720 square feet on 1 level)
2. Number of log cross corners 6– (four) exterior log walls 2 (two) interior stub walls
3. Number of log work courses - 9courses of log work
4. Wall height - 9 feet +/-
5. Joinery Used- Self –draining Saddle notched cross corners. Lateral groove between courses. Coved overhangs
6. Logs Species - #1 Western Red Cedar house logs Douglas fir for all structural members
7. Sill logs- Western Red Cedar for maximum durability. Logs flattened full length (2- ½ logs and 2 – ¾ logs)
8. Log Size – 12 inch mid-span average diameter
9. Door and Window Openings - openings cut per plan returns sanded smooth
10. Log Ends- cut plumb and sanded smooth
11. Log Treatment- logs treated with sealer to prevent discoloration and mildew
12. Insulation- single -1 1/8 inch foam gasket in lateral groove and notch
13. Through Bolts- 30 holes drilled as per plan include ½ inch through bolts with nuts and washers
2) Second Floor Log Joist System - None
3) Roof System – None
1. Chases- 1 ¼ inch holes pre-drilled per electrical plan
2. Interior Boxes- switch and plug box locations recessed into logs as per plan with detail to allow for flush mounting per electrical plan
3. Exterior Boxes- receptacle locations recessed into logs as per plan with detail to allow for flush mounting per electrical plan
1. Logs individually tagged and numbered for easy re-assembly. Detailed assembly instructions included.
2. Customer to inspect log shell prior to loading
3. Transportation of log shell arranged by Customer or by Coast Mountain Log Homes - your choice
4. Customer to pay all shipping costs (unless otherwise agreed upon in writing)
5. Logs loaded onto Common Carrier for delivery to your home site.
6. Customs Brokerage and Import Duties filed and paid by Coast Mountain Log Homes if applicable
Extra Items that can be purchased separately from Coast Mountain Log
Please note: this is a comprehensive list of what is included with the purchase of our log shell. If you do not see something on this list it is because it is not part of the package and therefore it is not included in the purchase price. We reserve the right to modify this list at anytime.
shipping of log shell to your site (click here for
What people are saying about Coast Mountain Log Homes:
Grouse Mountain Resorts, North Vancouver BC,
Ken and Florence Shannon, Huntsville Alabama
Kevin Kehoe, Anchorage Alaska
Sonja and Eric Zinke, Canaan Connecticut
|At Coast Mountain Log Homes we take pride in creating premier, hand crafted log homes for the discerning buyer. Our artisans are dedicated to their craft and take the utmost pride in their work. Won't you let us Build Your Dream Home!|
Log Home Package
Copyright © 2000 Coast Mountain Log Homes LTD, All rights reserved.